Reimbursement & Health Economics
Reimbursement & Health Economics has become a critical factor for the successful launch of a novel technology
Unless adequate reimbursement is available, it is not possible to achieve any substantial sales. Many companies have learnt the hard way how this can ruin their business potential. We can help you to avoid these pitfalls.
"For us as an investor, reimbursement has proven to be one of the critical factors for success. Reimbursement has in many cases turned out to be a limiting factor to achieve any substantial sales. For the shareholders this causes a very expensive delay. Our recommendation is therefore to establish a strategy for this as soon as possible to avoid the pitfalls.”
Says Johan Bennarsten, Deputy Head of CapMan Life Science, Partner, M.Sc. (Eng.), MD
- Expertise in European Reimbursement, including Coding & Funding and , Literature and Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Reviews, Health Economic Analyses and creation of Value Propositions and Reimbursement Dossiers for Market Access purposes
- Seminars in Europe and the US with respected speakers.
- Key Opinion Leaders within different medical fields, Quality & Regulatory, Clinical Trials, Reimbursement, and Business Development
- World-wide strategic alliances. Ex: Princeton Reimbursement Group (MN, US), Alquest (MN, US), ChinaGate (PRC), etc.
To be successful in the launch of a novel technology it is essential to analyze the existing codes and other factors that might impact the likelihood of reimbursement:
- What is the current reimbursement for the procedure/treatment and when is it available, what are the codes and tariffs for both procedures and disposables?
- Can these codes be applied to your technology?
- Are there alternative ways of getting reimbursement until a new code has been established?
- What are the requirements for getting additional payments or a new code including the data requirements, process and timescale?
- Are there other factors that might impact the likelihood of getting reimbursement such as HTA, government initiatives and clinical guidelines?
Based on this analysis, we can help you develop a strategy on how to create a favorable environment for the introduction of your new technology.
We provide these services for the following European markets: